Saturday, January 15, 2011

The infamous "Honey Do List"

We've all heard of them and chances are we've had to write quite a few....not sick notes, but 'honey do lists.' Mind you, my poor husband has had a crazy schedule at work with duty days in between so his time at home was very minimal, so in his defense these things added up but not by his own negligence. Either way, this list was lingering around the house for a few days before he had enough time to actually look at it and cross some things off the list. He wakes up Saturday morning, takes a shower and off he goes to tackle his 'list.'

Well part of me was beaming, 'wow, who knew a list could go such a long way!' I'm no longer the nagging wife, at that moment anyway, he has a list of tasks that I'd like for him to get done and they will get done (at some point). The other part of me is like, 'woah buddy, you wake up, shower and get ready to tackle your list of 7 things, while mine has 15 and, yea it gets put to the back burner!' So yea, I was beyond myself.

Here I am proud that, my husband and I have established an effective form of communication without arguing but it still forms a little bit of resentment on my part because well, he gets to knock some things off the list without anyone bothering him and my list is still there untouched. I guess we can't win them all ladies, but I sure do try!

No comments:

Post a Comment