Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Inspiring you to try Clean Eating

I know quite a few of us resolved to do something 'health' related this year. You may have resolved to lose weight, exercise more, or change your diet for the better. Well, something that I discovered through my new friends at Stroller Strength was 'clean eating.' Clean eating is NOT a fad diet. It is a lifestyle change. It is a practice of eating wholesome, natural foods. It eliminates the junk food, hydrogonated fats, preservatives, and pretty much anything that is man made!

I am no expert on the subject and my family and I are still working on completely cleaning out our diets because I believe that there is ALWAYS room for improvement. So tonight, I tried out a new recipe from the 'The Best of Clean Eating' cookbook. My goal as a mother and wife is to feed my family healthy meals. I can control what my children eat for the most part so I choose to make good choices for them, my husband not so much but when I make a healthy meal and he likes it we definitely repeat it as much as possible! So for dinner today my family and I ate Baked Chicken & Asparagus Casserole.

Before I give you all this awesome, super easy recipe I just want to tell you that it was super good! I also want to invite you to buy this book or look into clean eating recipes because it's not just 'rabbit food!' It's REAL FOOD! Here you go! Make it tomorrow for dinner & ENJOY!

Baked Chicken & Asparagus Casserole (The Best of Clean Eating cookbook)

INGREDIENTS:
1 can Campbell's condensed 98% fat free cream of broccoli soup (I couldn't find it so I got cheese & broccoli)

1 1/4 cups of cooked wild rice

24 asparagus spears

4 (4 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts - (the single chicken breast the store gives you is more than 4 oz, split it half and you have 2 chicken breasts, save some $ and some calories)

4 oz low fat Monterey jack cheese- shredded

INSTRUCTIONS:

One: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, whisk together water and soup. (I eyeballed the water to about 3/4 cup)

Two: Spread rice in a 9x13 inch casserole dish. Arrange asparagus stalks lengthwise atop rice, then lay chicken breasts on top (I always season my meat eventhough the recipe doesn't call for it, a little Mrs Dash goes a long way). Pour soup mixture over everything and sprinkle with cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.


I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment